For the record, I should think about employing a professional part-time photographer...like my 14-year-old who...doesn't really know much about my Nikon. By the time I remembered to get a picture of a dish, the pan had been cleaned out. Also, I didn't get a picture of the entire spread...and who doesn't do THAT!?
Keeping that in mind, here's what I did get for photos.
The middle photo is the finished Lemon-Cranberry Bars, with a dusting of powdered sugar. I think this one is a definite keeper, and I have been mulling over changes I'd make in the future.
The bottom photo is the Vanilla Bean Ice Cream with a Whiskey Caramel Sauce...which has my nomination for Best Dessert of 2013. The eggy, rich brioche really set the tone, but since that type of bread is difficult to get around here, I'd experiment with other choices. Also, the recipe calls for Vanilla Bean, but I'd also try something like a Butter Pecan. However, I'd never use jarred caramel...I'd alwaysalwaysalways make my own for this dessert (did I tell you all I added Toasted Caramel-flavored whiskey?) At any rate, this dessert was so rich and delicious, that I'm going to continue tweaking it and turn into one of *my* desserts.
1. My dad telling me the Cornbread Stuffing was okay, but that he really liked a more traditional, moist (read: mushy) sage stuffing.
2. My very traditional-food-eating brother-in-law raving about the Spinach-Artichoke Galette.
3. My father-in-law and my dad really liking the Bacon-Mustard Mashed Potatoes.
4. My mom and I finishing a bottle of Nouveau. Nobody else in the whole house (15 of us) drank nary a drop o' alcohol. It was a little awkward...until I remembered that I didn't care.
5. The creamed corn, lima beans and bacon, squash bisque and all the other unsung heroes of the table today.
6. The Bread Pudding. Seriously. You guys don't even know.