Friday, July 12, 2013

Clouds in My Cafe Con Leche

So much for carrying on tomorrow. If I had my druthers, I'd spend the rest of my waking days on this planet blogging about Spain...and then going there again so that I could blog some more (repeat cycle as needed).

But, work, school, domesticity calls.  O, these things of the wearisome life!  Alas.

Hm.  I felt like John Keats there for a moment.

Anyway.  One of these days I will post here at "Be Food" during the daytime hours, with the ebullience to tackle Spanish wines.

But for tonight, let's tackle Spain's most awe-inspiring libation - cafe con leche.  Coffee with milk.  So, so simple...but so, so unduplicatable (did I just make that word up?).


+ 


DOES NOT EQUAL


The ubiquitous and delicious cafe con leche

There must be a trick.  There must be something I can do.  Surely, I should be able to duplicate cafe con leche!?  The closest I've come so far is doing a strong Cafe Du Monde (Chicory-based coffee from New Orleans) with milk...and while it was better than my previous attempts, it still was pretty much cafe con leche's pathetic third cousin or similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment