Friday, March 9, 2012

The New Path

So mote it be.

I suppose things are not quite set in stone, and can change any moment...but there's no harm in making an announcement, I reckon?

No major life happenings notwithstanding, I am enrolling in the local community college in the fall - I have been accepted to the Culinary Arts program.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

What does this mean now?  My own restaurant or bakery?  Working with Anne Burrell?  Being on a Food Network television?  Using my school knowledge and degree to plan fabulous meals at home?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Thankfully, out of those I've told of my college plans, nobody has asked what I plan to do once I graduate.  I have no idea anyway right now...and that's way too far down the road anyway.  All I know right now is that school is the first step into the wide unknown.  

Take a look at this first term:

- Computer Essentials
- Safety/Sanitation
- Food Service Technology
- Culinary Skills Lab
- Food Service Lab I
- Math Principles

Not terribly exciting, but then check these later courses out:

- Cold Food Principles
- Stocks, Soups, Sauces (I hope to roux, do you?)
- Basic AND Advanced Baking
- Culinary Nutrition
- Shellfish, Poultry, Meats
- International Cuisine (Lab and Excursion)

Yeah.  I'm pretty excited.  But scared.  And nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment