Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Don't Stop (Re)Readin'

Sing above blog title to the chorus tune of Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'"

I am slowly, surely making my way back here.  Life is slowing down a little, and we have eaten three consecutive dinners here in the house.  So, yay for small victories!

But, I admit, I feel a little rusty in the kitchen.  For tonight's Tater Tot casserole, I forgot to mix the cooked hamburger into the soup/cheese/green bean mixture.  As I'd already spooned the soup mixture into the pan, I didn't want to rescoop it to add the meat.  So...I layered the tots on top of the meat on top of the soup.

Not gourmet.  I know.  But, where the dish lacked in aesthetics, it made up for in taste.  A 9 x 13" pan would have been nearly demolished had I not rescued a spoonful for my husband's lunch tomorrow.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment