Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sourdough Starter, Take Two

Well, I've worked up the guts to try this again.  My reference this time was the book, Ultimate Bread

Things seemed to go better this morning.  I dissolved the yeast in the water, I added flour, and I stirred.

I did not have excessive bubblage.  No overflow.  No sticky cleanup. 

A Minnesotan friend of mine told me I needed to stir the starter a couple of times a day, which I did.  So far, so good.

We'll see what tomorrow brings.

My kids are a fan of the bread machine white bread, and so it's time to stockpile.  I know white is not as good as wheat, but MY white bread is not full of the crap that Wonder Bread is....so there.

By the way, on a totally different topic, my 12-year-old son has started his own blog here at blogspot.  It is essentially a chronicle of his year as a first-year homeschooler.  School begins tomorrow for him (a full week earlier than his sister and brother).

No comments:

Post a Comment